Princess Karina

Princess Karina

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Well, I had Clinic this week and my levels are improving and i can now have peanut butter and/or chocolate two times a week (that is really great news!) I have another medication added to my list; Vitamin D. Now i take about 5 pills at night and 4 in the morning. At the hospital i met a 15 year old boy who has been on home dialysis since last April. He told me about a camp during the summer for "kidney kids" that i might be able to go to next summer. It was really nice to talk with someone else who has gone through the same thing that I am going through. I was able to attend a religious class (seminary) again, which was nice. Friday night i attended the HHS Homecoming Game, but it got cold so my sister and I and a few friends drank hot chocolate and watched Pocohontas. Then, yesterday, i went to a fun fondue party at my friend's house. I am still working hard at catching up in school. My tutor is a very nice lady.

3 comments:

  1. Hey beautiful girl!! This is Shayle Ptersen, well Holman now. My mom has kept me posted on how you have been doing. She told me you have a blog and I had to check it out. I love blogging and keeping in touch with people this way. Hooray for peanut butter and chocolate, and keep being strong, you are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karina!!!
    I'm so glad you are able to eat chocolate again! Yum! I'm happy you were able to go the homecoming game. I wish I could have seen you. I'll be dropping by soon.
    Love you!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updated, Karina. I too am very happy about the chocolate development...I know I would have a very hard time without chocolate. I am also so happy that your blood pressure is so much better. The kidney camp sounds fun. I am now a phleboltomist so I could be drawing your blood is I were there :)!!
    Love you
    Karen

    ReplyDelete