Princess Karina

Princess Karina

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hello, this past week I started with my tutor from school. I get a lot of work from my teachers but my tutor is really nice and whenever i don't feel well I don't have to do the work. I had my blood drawn for the labs and we hope that my hematocrit level goes up. I feel like I've had my blood drawn everyday but I'm getting used to it. My dialysis has been going well but the past few nights the low drain alarm has been going off which means that it hasn't been pulling enough fluid out of me, it sometimes pinches me when that happens and it's extremely uncomfortable for me. On Friday night I went to the Jamnesty benefit concert for the Dalit freedom network that my sister Nicolle was in charge of. After that I had fun playing night games with my friends, it seems when I'm with my friends i forget about all of this for a little bit. My dance teacher invited me to help assist her teach a pre-k dance class. It was really cool to be back at the studio and see all my old friends. On saturday morning I got a great surprise. My cousin Angela flew in from Utah to be with me this weekend. We went to see a movie last night, it was so fun to be with my cousin. Today we watched 3 musicals we also made chile rellenos. Tomorrow we go to the childrens hospital for clinic to talk with my nurses and doctors to review my progress and theropy.

3 comments:

  1. Great update, girlie. Glad things are going well and that you are staying busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to be updated by reading from Karina's home page.It is wonderful to know your being able to go out little by little,and spend normal life as before with the support from your friends and your family.It's nice that you can attend the sacrament!You may not be able to stay there long,but i'm sure you have a spiritual time.I'm happy to know your kidney function improved.I feel that the Lord always protects you knowing your pain and the efforts you make.
    You know you have wonderful parents.I love them very much,too.It was when your Mother was sarving her mission in Japan,when it started rain she put her or my handkerchief on her head.She appears to be like Mary-Jesus mother.Have you ever seen that photo? Nanette should heve that photo as i gave her.
    I think your faith built up who you are now. I'm sure you can make it!I can not do anything as i am not near you,but my prayer even from far away japan is always with you.

    With love,Naomi K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love those old musicals! I love that you're my twin in that way! ;) Keep smiling, Karina! :)

    ReplyDelete