Princess Karina

Princess Karina

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Today again we went to dialysis and the last day of training!! Yeah! however tomorrow we will go for a half day to get things settled. Today for the first time i gave myself a shot in my thigh!! I was so releaved when it was done. it also wasnt as bad as i expected. i was extremely nervous. my social worker karen came and talked to me, so that i could tell her where i was in the emotional side of things. last night i had quite a breakdown realizing that this is real and it is my life and now a part of what makes me, me. it is sometimes just hard never feeling 100%. it is so tiring and it often makes me feel like i want to just give up. i needed to turn to god for more strength- my scriptures and prayers are the only places i find my real strength. i have been cleaning my room and geting it all dust free. therefore i wont be vulnerable to any disease or infection during dialysis hookup. Today i had a lot more energy than i have had in the past. Some days are just simply easier or harder than others. it helps to always keep a smile on my face no matter what.

5 comments:

  1. Karina, you are an amazing young woman!!! I hope you know how many of us are praying for you everyday! You'll get through this, and hopefully with that same big beautiful smile we're all so used to seeing! Much love from ALL OF US!!!!!
    (Way to go on the shot...you da woman!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karina!!
    there's nothing i can say that will tell you all the awe i'm in at all you're doing. Of course, you just awe the world in whatever you've done, so i guess that shouldn't be a surprise :) there could be nobody better to have to go through this than you- if you know what i mean... anyone else i know wouldn't be smiling and just the same, if subdued, happy, wonderful, amazing, ect ect young woman. You've definitely gone far in being an example! :) keep up being wonderful you!!
    ~ kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karina. It is very normal to feel discouraged and very remarkable for a girl your age to know where to go for such strength. The Lord is strengthening everyone around you too. I'm sorry you have to go through this for so many in your world to learn how to truly rely on the Lord and how to keep faith alive.
    Things will just get better and better. I know they will. Hang in there
    We love you
    The Merrills

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a special girl, Karina! Keep smiling--I think it really does help! Continue to count your blessings--home dialisis=less time in the hospital--yeah!! :)

    We love your smile, by the way!

    The Riggs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karina - You were such a fun conncetion to make for me. Yor storey put it all together for me. A few months ago I met your mother, and we talked about my neices mission, and your sisters mission - which are one in the same. Bit we never thought they would be companions. Well last night, my old roommate came to stay with me (Laura Weakly), and she was telling me about your sister and you, and cool parents that you have, and I had heard about your sister and you from MY SISTER, and realized that my neice (Sister Kelly) and your Sister are companions. It's a small world Karina and the Lord looks out for us and he puts people together who need each other even accross worlds. And it brings my family comfort to know that Anne (sister Kelly to you guys) has such a great companion. And Karina, I too had to learn to give myself shots this year. That first one is a doozie and scared me too. I am diabetic. They have gotten easier for me. I hope they do for you too. Take care and know that Lord loves us and will connect all of us with those we need.
    Sister Kelley's Aunt Ilene.

    ReplyDelete