Princess Karina

Princess Karina

Monday, September 21, 2009

Today my mother and i got dressed and went to kaiser for my labs and a checkup with my regular doctor who had initially sent me to childrens hospital for the heart murmer/rub. i had two shots, one in each arm which were just vaccines like the flu shot. then i had my blood drawn for another lab. after that my mom and i went shopping at park meadows and then had lunch together. i am feeling so much better and i believe i would be going back to school already if i didnt have to get caught up with all my classes. once i get that taken care of my life should be back to normal. hopefully after the kidney transplant it should take only a few weeks of recovery for me. however i may stay in the hospital longer depending on different labs and tests and just making sure i am 100%. i should feel completely normal with the new good functioning kidney. my doctors think that i can continue or start any sports or other activities just like anyone else would. we dont know when i will be getting the kidney i have to wait at least 3 months before we even start testing for donors and other things. it can be anywhere from 6 months from now to a year or more.

1 comment:

  1. I believe in a treat or a reward after doctor appointments or metical tests!! Doing or having something special to look forward to helps one endure the pain. Your mom is in tune to this, I see, with planned lunch dates, shopping, and pedicures! What a wonderful mom! It's good for all of you to find ways to take a break, bring balance, and lift your spirits. I bet your love for your mom and dad has increased as you see how they serve you and love you. Because of this experience, I know that their love for you and your siblings has increased also. Hospital life, and/or a life filled with illness issues is very different, isn't it? Are you finding that outside worldly matters don't matter as much, and that, on some days you don't know or care what's going on? ... You are doing well. And I see you putting forth as much strength as you can for yourself and for others.
    We've been reading your blog daily. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We will plan to visit you at the end of October or the begining of November. We know that you have had alot of company, so we will wait a little while before we greet you with our 'bit of joy and good will'! Besides, I will be out of town untill mid October! ... Best to all of you! Love, Steve and Lynne Eldredge
    P.S. ... Here's to finding a way to TREAT YOURSELF SPECIAL each day!

    ReplyDelete